According to My Middleton in Dig On For Victory we have 7 tasks this week :
1) Look to Spring and Winter Greens. -
2) Sow Runner Beans Outside.-
3) Sow Late Greens; Look Out for Club Root.-
4) Sow Beet and Sweet Corn.- Sow spinach and seakale beet in rows 18 inches apart at intervals of 9 inches. Sweet corn seeds can be sown outside but will need a cloche protection for a short time.
5) Beware Woolly Aphis.- Woolly aphis is a serious pest of apples and effort should be made to keep its development in check. The colonies of aphis surrounds itself with a mass of wool-like threads. When wool tufts appear they should be brushed off with a stiff brush dipped in methylated spirit.
6) Keep Strawberries Clean.-
7) Sow and Plant.- Plant out and sow lettuce. Sow more peas and plant out tall peas raised inside. Finish planting potatoes. Thin parsnips and other seedlings. Prick out celery and celeriac. Sow scorzonera outside, and radish for succession. Keep down weeds with the hoe.
- ► 2019 (13)
- ▼ February (13)
- ► 2017 (41)
- ► 2013 (33)
- ► 2012 (49)