Wednesday, 17 April 2013

Updating and Name Changing

Today is April 17th 2013 and hopefully if all goes well I shall be publishing all future postings under the Austerity Allotment heading . This gives me fourteen days to check through my past postings and update where necessary . Hopefully this shall not take up too much of my time as April is a busy time indeed with numerous seeds being sown and maintaining those that have been sown. Sorry this entry is so brief but I have much to do in such little time.

Thursday, 4 April 2013

So how was March 2013

Well I was armed with my 'to do' list and a head full of ideas but Mother Nature had other plans . We had two weeks of snowfall and freezing temperatures that delayed quite a bit of the sowing .
 Of the 17 items listed on my 'to do' list some tasks were done and completed quite quickly .
 I didn't work in any order just choosing random tasks as the weather and time permitted . The first task completed on March 1st was #8 the raised bed by the gate . The only cost being my time as the wood had been dumped by my neighbour . The base was an old green carpet that was on the plot when I took it over back in December 2011.

I am hoping that before summer arrives that all the untidy areas on the allotment will be sorted out and a touch more pleasing on the eye. Only time will tell.

Here we have the 'grot spot' at the front of my allotment which hopefully will  be looking  better come the summer. 

Finally the old gate has been removed and the new one created from a pallet is now in its place .

My next task was to remove the 'temporary' black plastic fencing that had been there for 12 months.


Thankfully that task was quite simple.

The next task was to recycle the old gate in to a fence between the shed and the telegraph  gatepost.
Finally after digging post holes, sawing and nailing wood . Moving the paving stone too and the job was done. 


By March 3rd I had even put the rose arch that had been in the shed since last summer up.