According to Mr Middleton in Dig On For Victory we have 9 tasks this week :
1) Fork Dry Soil. - Only fork dry soil as much harm can be done by working on heavy wet soil. If the land is wet then you might have to wait until April to complete this task.
2) Get Ahead with Parsnips. - Due to the long growing season required for parsnip to develop, it's recommended you sow without delay.3) Sow Onions Outdoors. - As with parsnip it's recommended you sow onions without delay.
4) Sow Spinach Outside. - In this task, Mr Middleton also suggests sowing leeks, cabbage, cauliflower, Brussels sprout, peas and broad beans.
5) In and Out of the Greenhouse. -
6) Harden Off Onions and Leeks. -
7) Plant Out Early Potatoes. - Plant first earlies 6 inches deep.
8) Feed and Support Fruit Trees. - It's recommended to feed around the tree with a general fertilizer to make up for any mineral deficiencies.
9) Complete Planting of Fruit Trees. - The last chance to plant fruit trees before growth begins.
- ► 2019 (9)
- ▼ February (13)
- ► 2017 (41)
- ► 2013 (33)
- ► 2012 (49)