Tuesday, 29 May 2012

Week Ending 2nd June 2012

Fruit cage when completed on May 27th 2012
Sunday 27th May was spent creating a doorway covering and attaching the end panel nets to the fruit cage and at long last all is done . Monday and Tuesday were just brief visits in which I just watered the fruit canes that were already in the cage . Wednesday I didn't visit at all . Thursday the day began with rain but dried up in the afternoon by which time I had unearth the raspberry and blackcurrant fruit canes from home and transported them up to the allotment even though they were developing fruit.

Wednesday, 23 May 2012

Week Ending 26th May 2012 A Fruit Cage Is Born


How things were on the 22nd May 2012
Well Sunday the 20th was a no show. On Monday I spotted some pink flowered strawberries growing wild on one of the entrances to the allotment site so by the Tuesday they had made their way to on to my allotment. Weeding tasks were occurring daily as the weeds were growing with vigour this week . It had been a very hot and dry week so I took the opportunity to bring those 10 decking boards ,I had bought as I was constructing the shed base , home whilst I cut them using a circular saw to use in 2 projects . 2 lengths were cut to use as a seat in the shed and the other eight lengths were sawn into 3 lengths each ready to construct a fruit cage. On the Tuesday evening I used 4 of the fruit cage poles Billy had given me back in March to build a  support for fruit canes using a scaffold bar that I found on Saturday last week . On Wednesday I did the sawing and on Thursday I began to construct the rear frame for the fruit cage . On Friday daytime I constructed the front frame of the fruit cage and on Saturday the top bars were added and the whole frame was painted . As we were working late we even managed to attach netting to the structure apart from the entrance and both the end panels .
24th May 2012

What had been done by the end of 25th May 2012
Side view of work done by the end of 26th May 2012

Monday, 14 May 2012

Week Ending 19th May 2012

Sunday and Monday I was unable to visit although it did rain heavily in the evenings. On Tuesday however I was able to make 2 one hour visits . In the morning I popped into the shed and fixed the chest of drawers and did a quick tidy up afterwards. In the evening although it was late I was able to finish cutting holes in the vinyl and replant the strawberries that the guys from plot 43 had given me a few months back. On Wednesday I spent 3 hours in the afternoon levelling off the beds that were going to be inside the fruitcage. So that task was completed along with all the weeding. I now have only where the blackcurrant cuttings are growing to level off . Compared to what the plot was like 5 months ago I think it has come along good. Thursday morning was a brief visit just to measure up for the intended fruit cage . Now I have rough plans drawn .
 Friday was a no visit day and Saturday was only a brief visit to do a spot of raking.

Thursday, 3 May 2012

Thursday 3rd May 2012

Sowed some old seeds today in the greenhouse at home ;

Sage , Parsley Moss Curled, Sweet Basil & Coriander .

These are old seeds so there's no guarantee of germination.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4