1) Harvest Home. - Crops which are ready should be harvested.
2) Store Onions. - Onions lifted to ripen should be brought inside and tied in bunches of six or seven before hanging up.
3) Lift and Store Potatoes. - Continue to lift and store potatoes.
4) Fill Blanks. - Fill vacant pieces of land with spring cabbage. Do not cover until the weather turns bad.
5) Prick Cauliflowers. - Prick out cauliflower seedlings into coldframes when ready.
6) Gather Tomato Seed. - Wash the flesh from the seed. Label the seed variety and allow to dry before packing the seed away.
7) War Against Caterpillars. - Watch out for caterpillars moving along the ground at this time of year attacking your brassicas. Deal with appropriately.
8) Grease Bands Around Trees. - Put grease bands around fruit tree trunks now.
9) Pick Fruit ; Root-Prune Trees. - Pick fruit as ready. Windfalls should be picked up and used immediately. Root pruning of vigorous fruit trees can begin.
10) Put Cloches over Lettuce and Endive growing outside; Blanch Endive to keep up supply; Begin Sowing Mustard and Cress inside at Fortnightly Intervals.