According to My Middleton in Dig On For Victory we have 6 tasks this week :
1) Secure Clamps. - refers to the storage of harvested rootcrops outdoors.
2) Carry On Digging. - advises to dig the ground whilst the weather is "open". On my allotment, with the amount of rain since August, the ground is quite heavy.
3) Care of Soil in Frames. - watch out for algae, break this with a pointed stick.
4) Sow Peas. - sow round podded peas. In 1945 he advised the variety "Blue Bird"
5) Sow Broad Beans and Onions. -
6) Fruit Tree Branches. - Prune by removing dead branches, crowded branches and if two branches cross, remove one.