1) Routine Work. - Regularly hoe and weed. Control insect pests. Watch out for mildew on tomatoes and onions. Mulch around crops such as runner beans with leaves or grass mowing to protect during dry weather.
2) Leeks and Celery -Feed leeks with a liquid manure, Water ion dry weather. At the end of this section, a brief about slug control is mentioned using Meta & bran, or Meta & dried blood. The Meta turns out to be Metaldehyde (the blue slug pellets that are now banned for outdoor use soon in the U.K.).
3) Attack Celery Pests. - Spray with Bordeaux mixture once a fortnight.
4) Broad Beans and Runners.- When in flower syringe with water occasionally. Kill blackfly with a soapy spray.
5) Wage War on Caterpillars. - hand-pick them off cabbages if possible. Water sweetcorn with liquid manure.
6) Sow for Salad Successions. - make regular sowings of lettuce and radish. Mustard and cress too.
7) Look to Potatoes, Onions, Leeks. -Earth up potatoes. Feed onions weekly now. Blanch leeks by drawing up soil around them.
8) Protect Cucumbers. - shade greenhouse plants from the sun
9) Take Care of Fruit. - Spray for aphis when necessary and thin fruit if and when required.