According to My Middleton in Dig On For Victory we have 12 tasks this week :
1) Train Cucumbers. -
2) Plant Out Broccoli. - He recommends Methven's Late June as a good hardy variety. Plant our late-heading broccoli without haste. If the weather's dry puddle the roots.
3) Clear Strawberry Beds For Greens. -
4) Attack Onion Mildew. - If onion mildew appears (the white fungus on the collar of young bulbs), pull up the badly infected plants, dusting the remainder of the bed with flowers of sulphur.
5) Feed Beet. - Use globe beet as and when ready. Feed late down crops. Remove flower heads from any that run to seed and use the roots immediately.
6) Sow Spinach ; Feed Marrows. -
7) More Sowing, Planting and Thinning. -
8) Forestall or Destroy Pests. -
9) Examine Tomatoes For Disease. -
10) Sever Strawberries. -
11) Cut Out Diseased Fruit Branches. -
12) Attack Weeds. - Keep weeds under control and don't let them set seed.
2017 With graduation week just over I've been rather busy and shall have to complete this entry next week.
- ► 2019 (13)
- ► 2018 (24)
- ▼ June (8)
- ► 2013 (33)
- ► 2012 (49)