According to My Middleton in Dig On For Victory we have 6 tasks this week :
1) Christmas Jobs. - Rest if you can and only work weather permitting.
2) Lift Celery. - Lift each plant as required. Protect in hard weather with a cover of bracken or straw.
3) Erect Wind Breaks. - Protect spring cabbage against cold winds.
4) Complete Fruit Planting. - If not completed this week hold off until March.
5) Fruit Trees and Whitewash. - The bottom 3 - 4 feet can be whitewashed but this is unnecessary if using sprays and winter washes.
6) Keep Supplies Going. - Mustard, cress, radish. Force seakale & chicory. Protect corn salad. Lift another root of Rhubarb for inside forcing.