According to My Middleton in Dig On For Victory we have 6 tasks this week :
1) Train Cucumbers. - Train your cucumbers whilst keeping check on red spider mite.
2) Get Tomatoes Out. - Tomatoes, for those choosing to grow theirs outside then now Is the time to move them outside.
3) Watch Onions For Seeding. - Onions, watch out for those that run to seed and snap off each flower head as you see them appear.
4) Beware of These Pests. - Look out for pests namely aphis on broad beans and the turnip-flea beetle.
5) Sweetcorn and Strawberries. - Sweet corn can now be planted out in the open whilst Strawberries should be protected by birds and slugs.
6) Sow, Plant and Hoe. - Finally he suggests to sow, plant & hoe. Hoe to keep down the weeds. Plant out marrows. Sow French beans and runners. Feed crops especially onions. He suggests that when picking gooseberries to leave some to ripen for dessert use.
2017 - I'm really behind this year, on the 1st I chaired the local allotment association's meeting. Planted out Brussels sprouts, Brokali F1 and Tomato Tumbling Tom on the 3rd.
Harvested Rhubarb, lettuce (black seeded Simpson) and Radish on the 4th.
Harvested 1lb 8oz Swiss Chard ,1lb Rhubarb, 2oz Radish, 12oz lettuce.
- ► 2020 (12)
- ► 2019 (13)
- ► 2018 (24)
- ▼ 2017 (41)
- ► 2013 (33)
- ► 2012 (49)