According to My Middleton in Dig On For Victory we have 10 tasks this week :
1) Sow Peas, Radish, Spinach, Parsnips, Broad Beans. - Peas, radish and round seeded spinach can be sown now in warm positions. Sow parsnips as soon as the soil can be worked without making your boots muddy. Broad beans can be sown in seed trays for planting out when the weather improves.
2) Make and Begin to Use Hot-Bed. - fresh stable manure and leaves 2 ft. deep covered with a 6 in. layer of good soil inside a covered frame. Sow turnips, radish, carrots and carrots in this frame.
3) Forcing Rhubarb and Seakale Outside. -
4) Prepare Onions for Transplanting. - onions sown in the autumn may be transplanted in to place now.
5) Sow Summer Cabbage and Cauliflowers. -
6) Pot Young Tomatoes. -
7) Protect Wall Fruit Blossom. -
8) Complete Fruit Pruning. -
9) Cut Back New Raspberries. -
10) Protect Fruit Buds. -
- ► 2020 (12)
- ► 2019 (13)
- ▼ 2018 (24)
- ► 2017 (41)
- ► 2013 (33)
- ► 2012 (49)